Saturday 11 July 2009

From London to Bristol.


My room has been transformed over a three day period to resemble a sea of boxes and cheap laundry bags, packed with my life's treasures and items I should have ditched a long time ago, in short, it looks a little sad. This weekend I plan to do all the regular 'unoriginal' London activities that have filled my life since arriving here six years ago... go to the park (London Fields), Broadway Market, local pubs and entertain friends at home. A fitting closure to a wonderful adventure that has been cut short in the pursuit of love. Is this the last time I name London as my postal address? Que sera. All the sirens and sick fail to err the diamond in the rough, the freedom and buzz I encounter when strolling down the street or cruising on my bicycle, cannot be diminished. Yet there are new pleasures that await, a garden, more open space, an open fire, less trampling, more time focused inward. Bristol holds new possibilities, new music, new friends and new memories, yet without London this would be inconcievable, for it has shaped me, guided me and given me love...