Thursday 14 May 2009

It's all about the Reddies


Have you noticed how the world slowly closes in as you get older, uh did I say older, I mean more adapt to your surroundings.  I was speaking (in common terms speaking now comes under email conversation, real time or otherwise) to my friend across in Asia who's moving back to NY for the summer, he drops 'why don't you come over to NY for a while?' to which I reply Er, because I'm seriously skint and I'm busting my gut for nowt'. I do wonder whether I would have been able to get on the plane and hop over the Atlantic had it been a few years ago? This week I am more aware of people counting their change, friends being unemployed and being witness to the general conversation's that envelope financial uncertainty (they keep spilling out of folks mouths and making a bit of a mess on the floor). I guess for fear of sounding like a little misery I take solace in that people not being able to get on planes, buy the latest car, playstation, iphone... might not be a bad thing.