Friday 5 March 2010

The Perfect (Veggie) Hamburger

When entering Schwartz Brothers I get an instant feeling of nostalgia, not induced by my repeated visits to the venue, but from the images conjured up in my head from reading the children's book - The Perfect Hamburger by Alexander McCall Smith. It has an old school feel, more 80's than 50's with it's McDonalds esque signage and shiny counter. These guys have got the hamburger down, the vegetarian burger something that most joints push aside, here it tastes amazing, the best veggie hamburger around. I ordered a Roadhouse with extra gerkin, which comes with chilli relish, Jess a Blue cheese, it even comes with its own veggie packaging. I'm told the meat ones are pretty good too, which means smiles for the whole crew. Not surprising that there are three f these joints in town, well worth a look in next time you're at the Fashion Museum, Jane Austin Centre, Baths or Spa...