Thursday 1 July 2010

Another day, another swimsuit...

With my newfound unemployment, albeit of a temporary nature (I return to work on Monday), I've developed a fondness - alongside the rest of London Fields - for morning dips in the Lido. After a few visits I've come to the conclusion that bikini's just don't cut it in the 'serious' swimming stakes*. As a consequence I have now invested in a rather fetching 50's baywatch red Triumph number complete with boob moulds that make 'em all pointy. The side panels are rather 'Liz Hurley' as my housemate annoyingly points out, to which I remark, 'what came first the swimsuit or the Hurley'. I love it, it is ace, that is all...

*when I say serious I actually mean I prefer it when my boobs don't try to escape when diving, the only thing I'm really any good at. My inability is not for want of trying, I think it was lack of swimming club and the desire to spend trips to the pool mucking around on the giant inflatables as a child that thwarted my technique.
I can add though that with my new improved swim cozzie, I managed to overtake another swimmer and pull off a rather fancy dive, proof that clothes maketh the (wo)man.