Thursday 15 July 2010

Reasons to be cheerful...

Now that the tales of a Glasto unattended have started to subside, if only slightly, I am able to look beyond my loss/laziness and focus on the summer festivals ahead. I smile when I consider how many there are to choose from! For ease I've decided attend those I manage to get free passes for, which to my amazement has been much more than anticipated. First up is Secret Garden Party, a friend who's currently producing a play and chanting lots in the process is organising a performance, cue artists pass. I'm thankful that aged ten I embraced life enough to learn how to get your country dance on. We'll be pagan maypoling our way through the festival, slaughtering guys as we go...  best keep a look out for girls in sheer dresses with blood on there hands.

SGP 2008 thus far is the best festival I've been to, I think it was down to a variety of factors, glorious weather, no expectations, free entry, beautiful setting, the people encountered and the extra magical things being all the more spectacular. It will be a hard one to top but I sense a different experience from the last one I'm already happy about the prospect, two weeks and counting...



I'm also looking forward to catching Mount Kimbie at Field Day and Big Chill festival, their new album 'Crooks and Lovers' is out Monday on Hotflush recordings, with a sound clean and fresh, every tune is a bullet.