Thursday 5 May 2011

If the milk turns sour...

After a night of drinking pina coladas, rum & ginger, whiskey shots on an empty stomach, dancing round like a loon and getting cabs across the city - I find myself unsurprisingly with my head planted inside the toilet basin, retching what little stomach content I have left in the water below. It's moving day - in true Martina fashion - I'm armed with a killer hangover and little or rather no preparation. I cast my mind to images of a man staggering semi-naked through the desert, blood seeping from behind, lost and confused, and I'm thankful for the moderate state I find myself in. The soundtrack and inspiration for said images are the work of my neighbour (or should that be ex-neighbour for I now reside where he once was) Benjamin McDonald, talented composer, member of Melbourne bands Butcher Blades and Clubfeet (more to follow). Sour Milk is a well produced short film set in the scrub land of Australia with a dark and somewhat sexy twist, the mystery leans towards the surreal; yet captivating throughout...

Sour Milk from Signal Faults on Vimeo.

No comments: