Sunday 15 May 2011

Walks in the dark towards the light...

So it's been pouring down with rain all weekend, I'm bored shitless, I have no place to go and no one to go with. It's Sunday and I've not done anything creative all weekend, I feel guilty. I decide to smoke a joint and take a walk, with my ipod for company and my camera for stimulation I head out into the night looking for inspiration. First I encounter a man hoovering in a place near the bike track its illuminated and the concept of the voyeur engulfs me, I start snapping away hoping to get a great stalker shot. Alas nothing comes and he disappears from view. I continue into the dark and play with the idea of filming myself under the light from the lamp post the idea is essentially good, but I feel self conscious and the images remind me why I'm not a model. I try out different locations, the garage, the street, it becomes less successful. I remove myself from the picture and focus on what is in front of me, the way light and dark play with the camera... here are the results...









What I like about Melbourne are the contrasting buildings, the architectural styles are so vast for such a young city. I wish I had a better camera (and better photo shop skills), in the darkness provides limited information, however the images offer a suggestion as to the community around...

No comments: